I want to buy a house and car lenge badiya si: Rishabh Pant

Published on: Saturday 5 March 2016 //

Rishabh Pant, cricketer Rishabh pant, World cup, U 19 world cup, U 19 world cup news, cricket news, sports news Rishabh Pant

How challenging was it to deal with all these sports management companies running after you?
The calls started coming even before the World Cup. The interest did grow a lot once I performed well and the IPL happened. I told every company the same thing. “Speak to Tarak (Sinha) sir.” I didn’t get involved, and it became a plus-point for me, as in I could focus solely on my cricket and not be distracted by contracts. Or I would tell them, “World Cup ke baad dekhenge. Once it’s done jise baat karna hai usse baat karenge.” I would hear about teammates signing up, but I wasn’t bothered. Eventually see it worked out brilliantly for me.

How did you end up signing with PMG then?
I trust Tarak sir blindly. He has been like a parent to me ever since I moved from Haridwar to Delhi three years ago. He would always be concerned and keep asking stuff like, “Did you eat? Are you going to school? Hope you’re not bunking.” I would tell these companies whoever sir asks me to sign up with I will. I never asked sir what they were offering. He said PMG, I said done. Apna nuksaan kar sakte hai, lekin mera nuksaan kabhi nahi kar sakte. Having someone like Sunil Gavaskar there will be of great help too and I have an exclusive manager taking care of all my contracts.

How do you see these deals change your life?
Aise toh I don’t feel like I’ve become very big. But at times I realize that most people take a lifetime to earn so much money, and I have got it at the start of my career. It is now up to me to make the most of this. Sir told me you don’t have anything to be overly happy about. Itne kum paise mein bikaa hai IPL mein. If you did better, you could have got more. Maybe he was trying to ensure my feet remain grounded. But how will this go to my head when there is the pressure to perform at a level like the Ranji Trophy?

Any immediate purchases that you are eying though?
I want to buy a house and a car. Car lenge badiya si. (laughs) I don’t know much about what car to buy or how much they cost. Now I’ve realized cricket khelne ka time cricket khelo, the other things will take care of itself.

0 comments for "I want to buy a house and car lenge badiya si: Rishabh Pant"

Leave Reply

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Feed!

Technology

RSS Feed!
RSS Feed!
RSS Feed!