ICC World T20: I’ve worked hard on my fitness which gets me going, says Harbhajan Singh

Published on: Tuesday 8 March 2016 //

World T20, World T20 news, World T20 updates, World T20 scores, Harbhajan Singh, Harbhajan Singh India, Indian cricket team, sports news, Sports, cricket news, Cricket Harbhajan Singh said that India will be helped by the home advantage they have in World T20. (Source: File)

Senior off-spinner Harbhajan Singh on Tuesday said that he has put special emphasis on his fitness so that he can compete with the youngsters in the Indian cricket team.

ALSO READ: I think we are running on sixth gear, says MS Dhoni

“It’s lot up to you how do you manage. I’ve worked hard on my fitness which gets me going. If I compete with a 25-year-old, I’ve to be on the same level. I’ve the skill, will also should be there,” Harbhajan said in an open session ahead of India’s World Twenty20 in Kolkata.

ALSO READ: It’s always good when there’s competition in team, says Ajinkya Rahane

Not many of his contemporaries are playing the game actively but the ‘Turbanator’s’ passion for the game is such that he has not thought about any alternative.

VIEW: India ‘feel fresh’, ‘in love’ with new jersey for ICC World T20 

“Friends (former teammates) are into other things like commentary but it’s an individual choice. Playing gives me that pleasure. Till the time I can play, I must play be it 40 or 50. I just love playing. I don’t know other than that. Biggest gain is satisfaction. I’ve played with full passion. I’ve been very satisfied.”

“It’s important to share your knowledge or else you have not done anything. Not just on the field but off the field as well.”

ALSO READ: I want to be Jacques Kallis of India, says Hardik Pandya

Like in 2011 World Cup win, the home advantage will help India win big in their World Twenty20 campaign, he said.

“2011 also held here the biggest advantage is we know our conditions, all our grounds and what’s the score. The pressure also lifts your game, need to use all this tool in your advantage and play well.”

ALSO READ: Mohmmad Amir just a normal bowler who was good on that day, says Rohit Sharma

He is not an automatic choice in the playing XI but “The faith is on God and your ability and everything you do. I think nothing moves without his permission. I’ve that faith. Everything is happening because he wants it that way. It’s a religious connection.”

0 comments for "ICC World T20: I’ve worked hard on my fitness which gets me going, says Harbhajan Singh"

Leave Reply

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Feed!

Technology

RSS Feed!
RSS Feed!
RSS Feed!